Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The BBC And My Script

  1. #1
    Inactive Member thelaughingduck2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't know if anyone remembers but I sent a script to the BBC back in January.

    Well, if your script is not being cnsidered you get a reply within three months. Intrigued at hearing nothing, I sent an e-mail and was told that, and I quote-

    "It has done pretty well, and is currently being sent out to readers."

    So, the future sounds bright.

    doubt it'll happen (I don't think the BBc would go for a Gilliam/Kafka inspired 60's set piece about a drug addicted writer) but you never know, maybe they'll want to read something else of mine.

    Wish me luck!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good luck - sounds promising. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thee BBC have to read your script (public service), but be prepared to continue prodding them for an update, tread the line between being persistant and annoying though!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gotta love the TV Tax [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I always hated that and never understood why I was made to pay for TV that was mind numbingly dull when I lived in London. Now, I do....So the BBC can spend the money reading scripts.

    Good Luck

  5. #5
    Inactive Member thelaughingduck2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, Kev, the BBc reader has already read my script. It's now been passed on to a higher source, and has been floating around for over a month now.

    Again, It'll never get made with them. But something could happen.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, I get you. Well, yeah it sounds promising. You're right, the BBC don't commission a lot of 'outside' work such as scripts we send in, but that doesn't matter, you're getting it read by the right people.

    Like I said though, you may need to keep following it up to ensure that you get feedback from either a reader or this higher source!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ac_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2001
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The BBC will basically look for cost effective film/tv dramas to comission. Mainly because of budget and mainly because the business doesn't like gambling on unknown writers.

    Good luck with it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TomTowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2003
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds good.. I hope it goes well for you. Keeps us updated on what's happening.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member thelaughingduck2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh, turns out the new Director General was the main reason (apart from Death to Smoochy) that Channel 4 don't make as many films.

    Suppose it's 'cause they were losing money, but it could be 'cause he thinks it's a waste of time.

    Do BBC films make a lot of money (generally) I know Billy elliot did, but, have any actually done BIG BOX OFFICE?

    Mine would, if only they'd give me the money.

    Putting into consideration that this movie takes in a lot of high-rise, gothic landscapes, does anyone think this could be shot under the usual blockbuster rates. Just need to know so they don't think I'm crazy for trying to make it.

    Is Blue screen cheap?

    Let's just say they called me up for an interview, and shocked at my young age, they asked me what I was thinking about casting.

    Think they'd be impressed by my (relatively) cheap and mature choices: Jack Davenport, audrey Tautou and Bob Hoskins?

    As if they're gonna' let me direct it anyway!!!

    Christ, better back back to drawing-Might need some storyboards to prove myself LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •